Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Swimming

I have joined swimming classes today. It was a horrifying and enjoyable at the same time.

The first exercise they ask you to do is walk through the pool to and fro for 20 laps. Which was ok, not much sweat. A little tiring though. Then they teach you to float in the water. You have to hold the edge of the pool for balance and stretch out so that your body is completely leveled with the water surface. Easier said than done, I couldn’t hold my breath long enough. Whole hour went pass and I haven’t been able to do it. Though I came close to success a couple of times.

My skin was dry later and I think I need to get some suntan lotion; maybe something specialized for swimming pools.

Meanwhile I am doing some reading arround for some tips related to swimming and precautions also.

The instructor said that it takes 15-20 sessions to learn. Lets hope for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! swimming will definetly help you to reduce your weight. :)