Thursday, May 25, 2006

New Job

I have been looking for a change for quite some time. Now that’s difficult because I am very picky.

I finally got an offer from a really good company. It wasn’t easy but was definitely worth the wait. The “wasn’t easy” part will be good conversation material when I am in a mood to brag. I put in my papers roughly 2 weeks back and have to stay here for 2 more.

I am anxious to join the new job. The new organization is a huge company with over 30000 people in it. I would have considered myself lucky to get an associate level job but they gave me a senior team manager post and that’s one level up from my current profile.

So basically now I am an official guest here. I am giving trainings and handover to my colleagues. A typical day begins with login and checking my mails and forwarding them to the colleagues for action. Then a game of Table Tennis. Then back to the system and reading all the junk mails… Today I am also writing this blog entry. Then I go for lunch and play some more TT. Then some meetings if any and more TT and then back home.

The team has planned a weeklong party for my farewell and I will let you form your own inferences from this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

way 2 go ... congrats

TechRodent said...

Thanks guys