Friday, June 16, 2006

Induction

Oh my God they make you sit in a classroom for 2 weeks !!!

Come on !!! I am a programmer !!!

This whole week went through like lightning. Sapient has this fantastic induction program in which they tell you a lot about Sapient and its people and core values.

The first day was all about Logistics like transportation, documentation and stuff.. Pretty much standard boring stuff… And a little tight in terms of time.

Then all through the week we went through a series of presentations by... fantastic speakers... from people really high up... like the MD of a big business unit... the manager of another function... The really noticeable feature of all of them was the way they held their audiences attention. Some of them were dominating, some were really soft spoken... and if was anybody else the crowd would have just started dozing off...

The crowd was about 50 strong with 2 batches of experienced and trainees...

I have not come across such a cross section of really intelligent people. People on whom you can depend on and would like to lead and be lead by the same people... The fact that such a concentration of high IQ brains would have made the life of the induction assistance team hell but they too are sooo good that we had a great fun time... A lot of this credit goes to the lead facilitator Divya whose energy and enthusiasm has already made my decision to shift to Sapient a good one.

In the past I have had a hard time finding topic for this blog but I swear I could have written a blog entry for each hour these five days...

The team… We named it Team Salvo

I had the hardest time remembering all the names of my batch mates.

Debleena, Amit, Rachit, Sumit, Naveen, Rachna (Very Soft spoken), Suman, Suhail, Nitin, Prashant and all the others whose names I can’t remember. I will always remember them and hope we continue in our friendship.

We had an individual feedback round yesterday and I got I guess the maximum feedback both positive and negative… Sohail called me a future CEO in the making... I have to start working on that now…

No comments: