Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Road less travelled

I came across this quote by Robert Frost :

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost


I think this quote is quite applicable to my current situation. My current role is basically to be; in some ways; responsible for a whole lot of people's actions. Coordination is a key component. At heart I am a developer. A person who will be happy writing code. Give me a complex design problem or a difficult API to master and I will be happy. This current role is therefore quite different from what I have been doing till now.

From what I have gathered from people all over, this role isn't the most coveted one. Traditionally people at manager level play this role in most companies and so I have a good opportunity to get a first hand experience into how the next level operates...

I encountered another quote by James M. Barrie.

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else."

James M. Barrie

So this is work then... After so many years...

No comments: