Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Volatile Gurgaon

Amidst the news of demolitions on the MG road and then the buildings being actually demolished; which I thought should have inserted a semi colon in the astonishing rise of property prices in Gurgaon; there came along a couple of news items in my mail which have given me a nice jolt.

Having subscribed to Google news alerts, I get on an average one mail per day which contain 2-3 links to news items which mention Gurgaon anywhere in the text. So ranging from new BPO setting up business, to the recent labor unrest to property news to cookery and bomb scare I get a lot of stuff. With close to 300 mails left unread, I usually skip these to read about other more interesting stuff.

So today I thought I will make some use of these alerts and decided to open up some links.

I reached this:

I mean… Oh come on!! Is there an end to this madness? Nobody talks below crores these days.

And I am on the lookout for a place of my own in 20 lakhs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi amit...why would anyone hate india??well..if ur a pakisthani...and if u read volatile news day in day out..well u could hate india...well i forgot to add in my blog..that..Sara is from pakisthan...

Anonymous said...

Bangalore is worse ... property rates are @ all time high ... it doesnt make sense to buy @ inflated rates ... There is a need for market correction of property rates