Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A bus ride to Dehradun

I had to go to Dehradun again this Sunday. We took the afternoon bus at 3pm and were scheduled to reach around 9:30pm. I intended to fully utilise this time; which I had at my disposal; by having a good nap which was long needed. As soon as the bus started, I was fast asleep. There was some stopage at around 4 and I was disturbed from my deep slumber and for some reason I couldn't go back to sleep.

So with nothing to do except gaze at the distant fields, my mind began running all over the place. There have been times where I just couldnt find topics to write on this blog and I have written blog entries just on the fact that I am not able to get ideas. Talk about being lame.

But today was just opposite of those days. With so many ideas running up and down in my mind, this was the first time when I felt the need for a laptop or a palm device so that I could jot down my musings.

It was suprising how short periods of inactivity or some time off from your usual daily routine can activate areas of your brain which normally wont respond.

Maybe there are some yoga or meditation based techniques which can help me tap into the vast reserves of the brain.

No comments: