Thursday, August 03, 2006

Working on other’s code

No matter how good your code is, how well commented it is, how normalized, how well structured it is. Almost always when a new person comes across your code he will curse the programmer who wrote it and reserve the choicest of unmentionable verbs.

I generally have been able to just look at codes and pretty easily decipher them and haven’t had much of problems in this area. And I attached a lot of pride to this.

Now I have begun to face this problem.

So generally you will find tones of people posting about how this programmer’s code sucks and how it should be done instead and so on.

But I find here that I have not been able to fully understand the process or maybe I am just too much in awe of the entire thing. At times my mind just seems to stop working and there are times when I feel that there is no further option or approach which I could use in the particular issue.

This is not a very good situation for me to be in. But I guess I should give myself more time to settle myself in. I have been on the project for less than 3 weeks now and am making so-so progress.

Just thinking aloud

No comments: