Monday, December 19, 2005

Inferiority complex

Every techy person has a little bit of inferiority complex... So do I.

I am constantly in doubt of my capabilities and am constantly searching for a little appreciation from every one. Now that person may or may not be capable himself (as per my inference) but I will anyways look for approval from them… I have noticed this for quite some time but don’t know how I can get rid of this. Or if I should get rid of this… this characteristic of mine.

I guess I have always had so many detractors that invariable I am almost always proving myself to someone or the other… Now either my knowledge lacks something or the knowledge of my critics has some excessive deficiency… I feel that there are more chances of the former as I have almost always been able to prove myself right to them. I feel that there are more chances of the former as I have almost always been able to prove myself right to them.

But today something happened which has given a huge boost to my ego and the general state of my happiness. Ask my colleagues, I have been talking about the event for the whole day and I guess they are just about to shout with frustration… So I deduce that this is the idle blog content for the day for me.

To cut a long story short, today, a piece of my code was opened by a few *important* *knowledgeable* people… (2 of them from Microsoft, which I guess is the Utopia for a programmer) and they were… simply… stumped.

Some of the comments before seeing my code were:

  • This cannot be done
  • This can be done in this way but the logic will create a humungous amount of data (in tune of terra bites) and the resultant application will be way too slow...

Some of the comments after seeing my code were:

  • Pause!!!
  • Silence!!!
  • Have *you* written this code?

Cant tell more about this... Cause anyways that will be too technical for you guys…

But Today was a good day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

preening like a peacock, eh?

Anonymous said...

good going...
such comments make you feel that you are a good programmer.