Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Change and Resistance

Any new software or technology development team always faces challenges in terms of resistance from the people who should be the ones who should be benefiting from it the most. I have recently had the *privilege* of facing these issues first hand.

In my previous organization, we had an interface between the end client and us and probably a lot of these issues were solved before it reached us. Now having moved up that value chain, I need to face all these issues first hand. The management doesn’t seem to be strong enough to be able to drive through these changes which everybody admits that they will be beneficial to them at least on surface. I guess their problem is that they are responsible for managing low attrition rates also.

Even though I have the verbal buy in from key people, they really cant do much because the people who are resisting the change have too much vintage in the system.


    My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there.

    Indira Gandhi



Those who take credits and know how to grow on the basis of that credit definitely are more successful from the other kind because they have mastered the art of survival and this survival is not an the basis of their skills or competencies.

But there is a difference between the earlier teams who have tried this and failed. The difference is me. Amit George. Because I like to believe that I am in the first group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think, you are successful person. You are not failed one. The main thing is the attitude. You have the rigth attitude so you are successful...