Sunday, October 30, 2005

Writing what you want to...

I thought that this writing business was too easy.

First of all I am generally too full of myself and I genuinely believe that if I set my mind to anything, I will be able to accomplish it sooner or later. No make that I will be able to excel in it. A couple of reasons for this belief.

One, nobody is born with any knowledge and everything that we know, our abilities, our mannerisms are picked up over time from the surroundings that we dwell in. Your parents, peers, teachers, cinema, media all contribute to your experiences and these translate into abilities. So if you wanted to really excel in something, you just need to start focusing on that and soon with some effort, you will succeed.

Two, I have always done it that way. I got myself trained in Basic computer skills and picked up all the rest of the languages as and when I needed to make any project on it. So basically that's proof of concept even if I say so myself.

I always wanted to write a technology related book someday and this blog is a step towards that. I am of the view that the book should be a piece of cake. I mean that the knowledge required to write one such book is already with me so its gonna be a piece of cake.

But then, the number of times I have already struck the writers block in this blog itself has put doubts in my mind and I desperately need some inspiration and also some critic.

First to be able to write you need to have some thing to write about. And if I start writing about the fantastic query I wrote the other day, which reduced the processing time of an ASP page from a good 8-10 minutes to 16 seconds flat, I guess I will chase away half of my readers. At the time of writing this, Mintoo and Preety have bothered to visit this blog and Preety isn’t very technology oriented.

So what do I write about? What do I want to write?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people always want to know about something great done by somebody or something unique about somebody. if you think, you have made some accomplishments, you can write about that or you can wirte about what makes you unique in this world! else you can write about innovation.

Anonymous said...

Lol!
I see another perplexed (wannabe)author struggling with words!

Tip - When writer's block strikes, sit still and stop writing. Just read what others write. Slowly, your mind will thaw and you will come around... Trust me budd... been there, done that.

Dont ever push yuorself to write, unless we are talking about an exam here. Agreed, I am not tech-oriented. But writing is writing. Be it a science book, or a fairytale... or even my blog!

More cheap publicity gimmicks!
:o)

Keep reading and writing!