Friday, October 07, 2005

Does the IT industry need a trade union?

I read this article today...

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/06bspec.htm



    "A union for IT workers is the urgent need of the hour. I would call the IT professionals 'the labourers of the information age.' They toil long hours; they work at night; and some of them still get meager salaries. So a labour union for them would help fight for their rights,"

    CITU president M K Pandhe told rediff.com.


Well I agree with the comment... I do work lond hours and I do work nights but what is salaries ?

Anyways enough is enough.... I am going to start a union in my office. SO when ever a british or an american client comes to our office for an office visit or some other work (this is a regular happening these days) I an my union member will stand up from our desks and shout

Angrezoon bharat chodo !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think so that IT industry need a trade union. We people are not supposed to be labours of IT industry but leader of IT industry. If you think you are capable enough and not getting enough salary then switch the company. Why do you think you need somebody else's (trade union) help to increase your salary?

TechRodent said...

The whole article was a joke.... Think about how funny it will be if it actually happened ?

I am very happy otherwise